by Kernow Chamber Players and Tama Matheson
presented by Trevow Helston
Join Kernow Chamber Players for the festive classic, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Performed by international actor-director Tama Matheson, this spellbinding stage adaptation will be accompanied by a live musical ensemble performing the much-loved music of J.S. Bach and other classical greats.
Experience the magic of Christmas with this Dickens masterpiece, festive live music, a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie at St Michael's Church in Helston this December.
We can't wait to see you there.
About Trevow Helston
Trevow Helston is an experiment at the moment! Hopefully, you’re going to see our name, 𝑻𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒘 𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏 (Trevow is Cornish for “homes” - our home, your home, in our hometown) popping-up over the next few months as we trial some live events in various spaces around Helston.
Find out more at www.trevowhelston.co.uk
About Kernow Chamber Players
The Kernow Chamber Players consists of world-class musicians, who have teamed up with some of Cornwall’s most promising young musicians and was founded in 2021 to bring live music of many different genres to audiences in Cornwall.
Find out more at https://www.kernowchamberplayers.com/
About Tama Matheson
Tama Matheson is an award-winning writer, director, and actor with a passion for bringing together music and the spoken word. He has been writing and producing Lyric Dramas for several years in both England and Australia, where they have met with universal acclaim.
Tama has written and performed seven plays, including Ben (about Benjamin Britten), Bright Stars Shone for Us (about Tchaikovsky, and recently performed with the LMP at the Wimbledon Int. Music Festival in 2019), Panufnik – his Quest for Peace (to be performed with pianist Clare Hammond in 2021), and his own adaptations of A Christmas Carol and Christmas Fairy Tales. He has also recorded his Christmas Carol for 4MBS radio in Australia, where it is plays every year. Tama presents most of his lyric drama work, productions and collaborations under the name POESIS Production.
Tama has received several awards as both director and actor (Matilda Awards, Green Room Awards, Del Arte Charts). As an opera director, Tama has worked all over the world, including the Sydney Opera House, Oper Graz, Houston Grand Opera, Melbourne and Perth and South Australian Opera. He has also worked at Covent Garden, The Mariinsky Theatre, Teatro Real, Madrid, and Baden Baden Opera. As a theatre director, he has worked extensively in Australia as well as in London.
Flexible Ticket Prices - what this means for you
£20 Supporter Ticket
This ticket includes a donation to support Trevow Helston's work
£15 Just a Ticket
This ticket covers our core costs of the event
£10 Helping You
If you can only afford this ticket right now we all understand
£5 Under 16 Ticket
£0 Ticket Draw
If you cannot afford a ticket right now please enter our free ticket draw. Trevow Helston will give away as many tickets as we are able to (we're aiming for at least one family per show) and we will inform you if you have won tickets a minimum of three days before the event. To enter the ticket draw please click here.
- This event will take place in St Michael's Church, Church Ln, Helston TR13 8GT.
- This pop-up event is an experiment. One of Trevow Helston's ambitions is to repurpose underused spaces in the centre of Helston, breathing new life into these often beautiful and historic spaces.
- Mulled wine, mince pies and refreshments will be served in the Andrew Hall (next door). Cash and card payments will be accepted.
- Access information can be found here (http://www.trevowhelston.co.uk)
- There is no parking available at the venue however there are multiple pay and display car parks in Helston as well as free on-street parking on Sundays.
- Due to the nature of the production, latecomers cannot be admitted.
- We anticipate an approximate run time of 60 minutes plus an interval.
- Our performances may be filmed or photographed and the material may be used by Trevow Helston, its sister company Cousin Jack's or Kernow Chamber Players at any time for evaluation, promotion or other projects. Please be aware that it is the ticket buyer's responsibility to inform members of their party that this will be happening.
- Tickets are non-refundable.