Words and music by David Wood
Based on the book by Ronda and David Armitage
A Minack Theatre production
Each morning, Mr Grinling rows out to his lighthouse, where he cleans and polishes the lamp to make sure it will shine clearly at night. Every lunchtime he tucks into a delicious picnic lunch, lovingly prepared by his wife. But Mr Grinling isn’t the only one who enjoys a tasty snack. How can the Grinlings stop the scavenging seagulls from stealing the Lighthouse Keeper’s lunch? A musical adaptation of the best-selling children's story.
We are looking for 12 children age 7-11 (school years 3-6) to take part in an ensemble cast for The Lighthouse Keeper’s Lunch.
This 45 minute long musical needs children to sing, dance and act the story.
- Auditions will be in the form of a workshop on the Minack stage.
- You don’t need to prepare anything in advance.
- We just ask you to bring enthusiasm and be prepared to have fun!
- Audition times are at 11am, 12pm, 1pm and 2pm
- Auditions will last approximately 45 minutes.
- Parking will be available at the theatre, please see the car park staff on your arrival.
Performances 1-4 September 2024
Rehearsals will take place at the Minack on the following dates:
10, 24, 30 and 31 August