About the Minack Academies
Our Minack Academies help young people to develop advanced theatre skills. Specialising either in Acting or Musical Theatre, you will spend one day a month working with professional practitioners and engage with visiting speakers, such as directors, actors and West End stars, talking about practical theatre careers.
The Minack Academies are suitable for students in Year 7 and above, though mature, self-motivated Year 5+ may also audition and will be considered.
The Acting Academy
As a member of the Acting Academy your training will include a one to one singing lesson each month. We actively encourage all Academy members to take part in productions in addition to their academy time. We also expect members of both academies to seek tuition in all areas of the theatre that they attend regularly. The work they do with the academy is to enhance their work elsewhere.
The Acting Academy can also help you prepare for Trinity College Examinations in drama.
Auditions to join the Acting Academy will be held on Saturday 23 September
- For your audition you need to prepare a monologue of up to 2 mins to deliver during the session. This monologue should highlight to us your strengths as an actor, as well as your ability to project your voice and character.
- As part of your audition you will also take part in a group warm-up.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing that you can move in.
- Parking will be available at the theatre, tell car parking staff you are here for auditions.
- Takeaway refreshments will be available from the kiosk in the car park.